In addition to the ReuseConex conference, a public Reuse Expo will take place Saturday October 20, 10am to 6pm, in the exhibit hall of the DoubleTree Lloyd Center. The Expo will feature a variety of reuse-focused exhibitors, a ReArt exhibit, workshops throughout the day, and a ReFashion Show featuring Junk to Funk. The Reuse Expo is free and open to the public. Scroll down for the details and we hope to see you there!
- Bag the Habit
- Bottle Change!
- Building Materials Reuse Association
- City of Portland – Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- Community Warehouse *
- Create Plenty
- Eye Pop Art
- Free Geek
- Goodwill Industries International
- Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette
- Green Mountain Energy
- Habitat ReStore *
- Hug it Forward
- iWasteNot Systems
- Jardin Portland
- Jen LaMastra Designs – ReArt Exhibit
- Long Way Home Inc.
- Mobius Home
- My Plastic Free Life
- Nancy Geren – ReArt Exhibit
- Oregon DEQ
- Oregon Breakers
- ReBuilding Center
- ReDirect Guide
- Rethreadz Clothing
- Reuse Alliance
- ReUse Consulting
- Salvage Works
- SCRAP PDX *
- Sustainable Business Oregon
- The Zen Smith
- Trash for Peace
- Whatever Works
* Host Organization
Presentations & Workshops
- 10:30am-11:00pm: Presentation: Join the Reuse Movement, Cindy Correll of Reuse Alliance Oregon.
- 11:30am-12:00pm: Presentation: Learn DIY Home Design, Lynn Feinstein of Mobius Home.
- 12:30pm-1:00pm: Presentation: Be Resourceful Community Resources, Alicia Polacok of City of Portland Bureau of Planning & Sustainability.
- 1:30pm-2:00pm: Workshop: Upcycled Journal Make & Take, Dryden Driggers of SCRAP PDX.
- 2:30pm-3:00pm: Presentation: Trashion – Fashion Repurposed!, Lindsey Newkirk of Junk to Funk Trashion Collective.
- 3:30pm-4:00pm: Workshop: 10 Ways to Repurpose Old Vinyl Records, Christine Claringbold of Eye Pop Art.
- 4:30pm-5:00pm: Event: ReFashion Show. The event will feature reclaimed, upcycled and repurposed fashions from a variety of local designers, including: Junk to Funk, Climate Change Designs, Dress Uppity, Poor Girl Couture, Something New Creations, Still Whatever Works
ReArt Exhibit & Sale – details
ReFashion Show – details
Become an Exhibitor
We are currently accepting Expo exhibitors. Businesses, non-profits and individuals whose primary business focus is on reuse and meet the criteria below are encouraged join us at the Reuse Expo. Exhibitors will be selected with the goal of diversifying the products and services being represented at the Reuse Expo.
Criteria for Inclusion
- The primary focus of the business or entity must be reuse or waste prevention.
- Upcycled products must be created from a minimum of 80% materials reclaimed from the waste stream by you or others (i.e dumpster dives, reuse centers, thrift shops, etc).
- The product or service must be geared toward the general public.
- Each exhibitor will have their own 8×8 space to display and sell products and services. Two groups can share a space, but they must apply together.
- Setup and breakdown times will be confirmed with selected participants. Early breakdown is not permitted.
- Exhibitors are responsible for managing their own financial transactions with attendees.
Exhibitor fees include an 6 foot table with linens and two chairs. Pipe and drape, lighting and signage will not be provided. Wireless internet and limited access to electricity are available but an additional fee may be applied.
- Corporations (15+ employees): $150
- Small business (< 15 employees): $100
- Non-profit / government: $100
- Individual / upcycler: $100